This series of elections and voting security podcasts feature experts who expose and make recommendations for the vast numbers of security flaws in voting machines, many over 10, 15, and even 20 years old.
Phoenix, AZ -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/15/2018 -- Des Moines, Iowa – Leading up to the 2018 midterm elections, Rebecca Herold, host of Data Security & Privacy with The Privacy Professor on the VoiceAmerica Business channel, has provided a series of five shows to date covering elections and voting systems security discussions with a wide range of voting security experts and elections officials.
"I want to help raise awareness of the problems that exist within the USA voting systems. Large numbers of objective research show increasing numbers of data security flaws and vulnerabilities in the wide range of voting machines, some of which are over 10, 15, and even 20 years old. I also want to encourage everyone who votes to notice when they are using voting machines, to check and make sure that their vote was recorded correctly. As some of my guests in this series of voting and elections security shows indicated, some of the old voting machines, and even some of the discovered defective newer voting machines, have design flaws and security problems that result in altering votes," Rebecca Herold explained.
Rebecca's series of five shows so far on this topic include:
- 10/23/2018: "Security Views from an Elections Official and Voting Security Expert" with Genya Coulter, one of the Top 25 Women in Election Security and Tech
- 10/2/2018: "Turning A Blind Eye Does Not Fix Voting Security Vulnerabilities" with Jake Braun, Executive Director of the University of Chicago Harris Cyber Policy Initiative and CEO of Cambridge Global Advisors
- 9/11/2018: "Voting Systems Security and Risk Limiting Audits" with Marian Schneider, President of Verified Voting
- 7/24/2018: "Are US Voting Systems and Voter Registration Data Secure?" with Maurice Turner, Senior Technologist at the Center for Democracy & Technology
- 6/26/2018: "Are Our Voting and Elections Processes Secure?" with Ed Moyle, General Manager and Chief Content Officer for Prelude Institute
Listen to all these shows, and new ones in the coming months in this voting and elections security series, at Rebecca's VoiceAmerica Business site: www.voiceamerica.com/show/2733/data-security-and-privacy-with-the-privacy-professor.
Rebecca Herold, aside from hosting Data Security & Privacy with The Privacy Professor, is CEO of The Privacy Professor consultancy, established in 2004, and President of SIMBUS, LLC, established in 2014.
Ms. Herold has built a loyal and continuously growing listenership for her radio show over the past 10 months in part due to the wide variety of high-profile information security and privacy experts she has as guests.
Data Security & Privacy with The Privacy Professor airs new shows every Tuesday at 2:00pm Pacific Time. All past episodes are available for listening on demand.
Ms. Herold can be reached at the following:
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Jeff Spenard