Kayal Orthopaedic Center will go to bat for injured players
Westood, NJ -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/16/2018 -- Although baseball gets most of the attention at this time of year, softball packs a powerful punch when it comes to staying healthy and losing weight. Plus, it's just plain fun to play.
Like any sport, though, softball players need to take proper care of themselves to avoid serious injuries. That includes: warming up, cooling down, staying hydrated, understanding the rules and wearing protective equipment. When injuries do occur, however, it's comforting to know that the specialists at Kayal Orthopaedic Center are the experts athletes can trust for sports medicine in Westwood, NJ, across Bergen County and beyond.
In many ways, baseball and softball are similar. However, softball pitchers throw underhand and don't use a pitcher's mound. The ball is larger, the bases are closer together and the outfield is smaller. Softball can be played fast-pitch, like baseball, or slow-pitch. Although the workout from baseball is more intense, softball games typically last about two hours and provide plenty of opportunities for exercise.
Here are just some of the health benefits that softball offers:
1. From running to throwing to fielding to batting, softball players need to master numerous skills to play the game successfully. This full-body workout allows them to stay toned and fit.
2. The swinging and throwing motions required in softball help develop and strengthen the shoulders and upper body muscles, including the rotator cuff, triceps, biceps and deltoids.
3. Swinging and throwing also help condition muscles in the midsection and lower body, including the oblique muscles of the abdomen needed to rotate through these activities.
4. Softball helps improve flexibility and strength.
5. It helps burn off calories, eliminate excess fat and keep weight in check.
6. Softball, like other sports and physical activity, can help improve self-esteem, mood and overall mental health.
Young or old, man or woman, beginner or experienced player, Kayal Orthopaedic Center's world-class sports medicine specialists have the skills and experience to diagnose and treat injuries that occur on the softball field. They understand the passion and commitment of athletes and will help them return to competition as quickly and as safely as possible.
In addition to sports medicine, Kayal Orthopaedic Center offers a comprehensive range of orthopaedic services, including hand and wrist surgery in Paramus, NJ, and beyond. To learn more, call 844-281-1783 or visit the website.
About Kayal Orthopaedic Center
Kayal Orthopaedic Center offers the full spectrum of orthopaedic care. Located in Bergen County, NJ, the practice specializes in minimally invasive surgery, injury prevention, innovative therapies and pain management. Its three convenient New Jersey offices are at: 266 Harristown Road, Suite 107, Glen Rock; 784 Franklin Ave., Suite 250, Franklin Lakes; and 250 Old Hook Road, Suite 401, on the campus of HackensackUMC at Pascack Valley, Westwood. Schedule an appointment by calling 844-281-1783 or contact Kayal Orthopaedic Center by filling out this form.
For more information on this press release visit:
Media Relations Contact
Email: Click to Email Alyssa Young